Sunday, March 18, 2012

Extracurricular Beginnings

At the end of last semester I was asked by a co-worker to teach the learning model seminars one night a week for this semester. We went on a retreat in the mountains. I have never seen so much snow in my life!! It was really fun to learn about the seminars and how they help students. But waking up to the snow was so different than what I am used to, even in Rexburg. The picture below show a friend of mine walking on top of the snow. Notice the lunch bell and the basketball hoops. I am on the second floor taking this picture. It was crazy! But we did have a blast!















The learning model seminars teach students about the learning model here at BYU-Idaho and how to apply the gospel in all aspects of our lives, including secular learning. If you would like to learn more please visit: http://www2.byui.edu/LearningModel/src/default.htm

I love facilitating discussions on how we can apply these principles in our lives. It has changed my perspective and really helped me to understand the spiritual side of secular learning. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment