Monday, August 13, 2012

T squared

Together to the Temple. This is our T squared time. I love the temple. I have developed a love for it in a way that most people don't. I learn differently from most people, backwards some would say. I have developed my desire to attend the temple, not from frequent visits, but from limited access.

Growing up where I did we could only go to the temple a few times a year because it was so far away. It is still one of my favorite places to this day. The Orlando Florida Temple is where I did my first baptisms for the dead, I took out my initiatory and endowment and where I hope to one day be sealed.


I remember hiking through the rice fields of Lallo, Cagayan, Illocos Sur and dreaming of being able to see the temple again. It had been 15 months since I was able to see, much less participate in the temple. I kept feeling like, as a missionary especially, I could use the help that comes so easily in the house of the Lord. I wanted so badly to take the families that I loved with all of my heart to the temple to feel the things I feel when I am there. To learn the things I had learned, to feel love like I feel in the temple. To Nanay and Tatay Galapon, who only ever went to the temple once, it was magic. The light of Christ that was shining off of them in that small little church in Laoag City, the Sunday after they came home was tangible. It filled the room and my heart. I know that Heavenly Father blessed them beyond measure because of their faithful sacrifices to attend this temple:


One Friday night Kyle and I were talking and he asked if I would like to go to the temple with him on Saturday morning. I told him that I would and woke up early the next morning. The whole time I was getting ready I was nervous. We weren't going until after lunch but I was up anyway. I made us lunch and we set out for the temple.

.
.

It was a sweet experience. I love that place. I love that Kyle is worthy to take me there. I love that he loves that I love the temple. Out temple time together has taught me many things and I cherish those memories.

1 comments:

Briana

You are amazing!! I miss you and admire you so much. Hope life is going well and you are enjoying married life

Post a Comment